Featured title on PBS's The Great American Read in 2018
The award-winning, genre-defining debut from John Green, the #1 international bestselling author of The Fault in Our Stars
Millions of copies sold!
Miles Halter is fascinated by famous last words--and tired of his safe life at home. He leaves for boarding school to seek what the dying poet Francois Rabelais called the "Great Perhaps." Much awaits Miles at Culver Creek, including Alaska Young. Clever, funny, screwed-up, and dead sexy, Alaska will pull Miles into her labyrinth and catapult him into the Great Perhaps.
- Winner of the Michael L. Printz Award
- A Los Angeles Times Book Prize Finalist
- A New York Times Bestseller
- A USA Today Bestseller
- Top Ten, NPR's 100 Best-Ever Teen Novels
- TIME Magazine's 100 Best Young Adult Novels of All Time
Looking for Alaska brilliantly chronicles the indelible impact one life can have on another. A stunning debut, it marks John Green's arrival as an important new voice in contemporary fiction.