Author(s): Sanmu Tang
WORLD CULTURES | China
Through beautiful illustrations, Celebrating Chinese Festivals presents the most important and celebrated festivals of China, and explains the traditions, the delicious foods, the exciting activities and special customs that go with them
Readers will experience many Chinese festivities together with Little Mei and her family as they celebrate:
- Chinese New Year. Fireworks at midnight, lion dancing and visiting with family members.
- The Lantern Festival. A parade of lanterns to celebrate the first full moon.
- Qingming Festival. Paying respects to departed loved ones by sweeping and tending to their graves.
- The Dragon Boat Festival. Eating zongzi and dragon boat racing.
- Festival of the Cow Herder and the Weaving Maiden. A Romantic story of the origin of Chinese Valentine's Day.
- The Mid-autumn Festival. Families get together to make sweet mooncakes
- Double Ninth Festival. An autumn tradition where people climb mountains and drink a special tea to protect against danger, and visit elders to pay their respects.
The classic Chinese legends and poems in this colorful book will help children understand Chinese culture, and the recipes for tasty festival treats will delight those who love Chinese food.