Author(s): Nicola Pierce
This book commemorates the enduring legacy of the world's most famous ship - TITANIC.
Her story is one of all those bound together on that fateful voyage. On board were: writers, artists, honeymooners, sportsmen, priests, reverends, fashion designers, aristocrats, millionaires, children, crew and emigrants looking for a better life.
This book tells of their lives, and shines the spotlight on:
- Some of the great ship's surprising treasures
- Her fêted voyage from Belfast's
Harland & Wolff shipyard
- The fascinating museums devoted to her memory, including Titanic Belfast
- The iconic music and movies
- Her winged and four-legged passengers
- The sister ships of Olympic and Britannic
- Tales of heroism
- Theories surrounding Titanic's fatal collision
- The lifeboats and just how close the SS Californian was on that tragic night
- How Arctic explorer Ernest Shackleton and the inquiries viewed events
These stories and much more lie inside.